Our Community Of Fayetteville
Fayetteville is different. That’s the one thing that most people will come away with from a visit to our town. There’s something more than great shopping, great location, great outdoor recreation, and great activities that makes us stand out: it’s our community.
Fayetteville has a unique blend of past and present. Here’s an idea of what we mean…
- You’re just as likely to find someone going birding as you are training bird dogs.
- Not far from the hiking trails of New River Gorge National River are some of the best ATV trails in the country.
- Just up the street from where you’ll find beautiful hand sewn quilts is a new yoga studio.
- You’ll find as many people fishing for smallmouth bass or trout as you will kayaking world class whitewater.
- Biscuits and gravy for breakfast; Mariscos Vallarta for dinner.
Fayetteville is the county seat showcasing the beautiful, old Fayette County Courthouse. Numerous civic organization work to improve the quality of life for the residents; the American Legion, Fayetteville Lions Club, GFWC Fayetteville Woman’s Club, GFWC Fayetteville Junior Woman’s Club, Fayetteville Rotary, Vandalian Garden Club, Fayetteville Homemakers Club, AARP, A.N.G.E.L.S. Group, and the Nimble Thimbles Quilt Guild. The community is home to churches of a variety of faiths. Offices for dentists, physicians, a rehabilitation center, insurance agents, graphic artists, web designers, lawyers, and accountants are all located in Fayetteville. Residents in need have access to two food pantries. There are two banks and ATM machines in town. You’ll discover mountain bike races, a Memorial Building honoring World War II veterans, the Charlie McCoy Town Park named for a native son, and the most eclectic variety of dining options around. Fayetteville is the front porch of the New River Gorge, so be ready for some high adventure and beautiful scenery.
However you make the comparison, we’re old and new. Progressive and traditional. Fine and funky. The people are friendly and the atmosphere is fun. Gorgeous scenery surrounds us. It’s perfect.
Come be part of our community for a while. Fayetteville … big time fun in a small town way!