Date(s) - 09/22/19
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
The 8th semi-annual New River Gorge Stand Up Paddle Board Race will be held at Fayette Station on the New River. This event coincides with Gauley Festival to offer the America’s Best Whitewater venues, the New River and the Gauley River.
The event will consist of three race events. The fee is $30 per person flat rate. There is no fee for the youth race.
Attainment Race ~ this race is class one whitewater paddling upriver against the river current. This race is appropriate for beginner padders who have experience paddling on rivers.
Youth SUP Race ~ a short buoy course to inspire young athletes.
Downriver Whitewater Race ~ this mass start race offers head to head competition through class 2 and class 3 whitewater. Paddlers will also encounter long flat water pools between rapids.
Rules for the race:
– racers are required to use the same board for all events
– racers are not to wear leashes with the head to head races
– pfd and helmets are required
– racers need to provide their own equipment
Racers will receive:
– snacks and water during the events
– DJ tunes and announcements
– timing of the Attainment and Downriver Races
– professional photos
– race jerseys
– after party awards with dinner
– shuttle will be provided after the Downriver Race
Additional sponsors are needed. Please message through this event page for details.
Volunteers are needed for river safety, parking, and timing.
Enjoy previous race recaps here:
NRG SUP Race 2017: https://activeswv.org/stand-up-for-healthy-communities
NRG SUP Race results for 2011-2016: www.nrgsuprace.com
Registration and additional details will be added closer to race event. Join this event page to stay up to date on logistics.