We want to highlight some of the positive things going down in town this week to bring a smile to your face. Thank you to all the essential folks and helpers who are serving on the front lines and supporting our community! We have lots of exciting things going down this weekend!
Looking for ideas of things to do during the holiday season? We have plenty of socially distanced holiday fun lined up. Let the holiday festivities begin by experiencing a winter getaway in the mountains. Downtown Fayetteville is glowing this holiday season. Our local shops are packed with special one o fa kind locally made gifts and unique finds for all tastes.
Fayetteville’s Christmas Decorating Contest
You still have time to enter Fayetteville’s Christmas Decorating Contest! Call Town Hall by December 16th, 304-574-0101 tell them your address to enter. This year’s categories:
Best Decorated Window
Prizes will be awarded to the winners!
Wreaths Across America
Mark your calendars, this event will go on rain, snow or shine. Saturday, December 19, 2020 at noon we will have our Wreaths Across America Ceremony and placement of all 702 wreaths immediately following. Just a few notes to answer questions you may have:
1. The gate to the cemetery will be closed at 11 am and the Town Park entrance will be used to enter the cemetery until after the service.
2. We encourage everyone to wear a mask and practice good social distancing.
3. Parking will be available at the Fayette Town Park, little league and senior league ball field areas.
4. Please be mindful of those that need to park closer to the cemetery entrance.
5. You may drop folks off at the cemetery entrance, and then proceed to the designated parking area.
6. Golf carts will be available for those who have difficulty walking to transport them from the parking area to the cemetery entrance and back.
7. Following the opening ceremony, golf carts will be available in the cemetery to help get those folks that need assistance to the area where their Veteran loved one is buried.
8. Following the placement of wreaths warm hot chocolate will be available at the front area of the cemetery office.
9. The gate between the little league ball field parking area and the cemetery will be open for folks to walk through.We want to thank our community, businesses, civic groups, churches and residents for making this event a success. This is the second year and again every veteran laid to rest at Huse Memorial Park will be honored with a wreath!Thanks, Cathy Jo
Cathy Jo Bryant | GFWC West Virginia First Vice President
646 Browns Road | Fayetteville, West Virginia 25840
Telephone: 304.574.0028 (h) 304.663.9100 (c)
General Federation of Women’s Clubs – Dedicated to Community Improvement by Enhancing the Lives of Others through Volunteer
An Afternoon with Santa and Mrs. Claus at Chimney Corner
Join Chimney Corner Cafe in their 1st Annual Afternoon with Santa and Mrs. Claus! For only $5 you can talk with santa, make an ornament, enjoy cookies and hot chocolate and make and mail a letter! T
Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive at 2:00pm-5pm.
Winter Wonderland Light Display at the Fayette County Park
Make sure you check out the Winter Wonderland Light Display at the Fayette County Park. This drive through experience is a perfect way to enjoy some social distanced holiday fun.
Lodging Highlight: Quality Inn New River
It’s winter here and the best time to take advantage of off season rates! From December- March you can take advantage of lower rates at the Quality Inn New River Gorge. Enjoy a nightly rate of 74.99 (+tax). The Quality Inn New River Gorge’s central location makes it the perfect launching point for your winter adventures. It is the closest hotel to the New River Gorge and National River. It is s a short drive to many restaurants, attractions, and shops in downtown Fayetteville.
Warm-up with a cup of their vegetable beef soup with their on-site restaurant and bar. The Quality Inn New River Gorge rooms offer a comfortable bed, a flat-screen TV, a microwave, and a refrigerator. Free WiFi and a spacious desk in your room will make it easy to get some work done, catch up on the headlines or check email. The Quality Inn New River Gorge is concentrating on additional cleaning and sanitizing measures to ensure a safe stay.
Make your trip more relaxing by not having to worry about breakfast. You can enjoy a variety of breakfast options ranging from waffles, muffins, crispy bacon, savory sausage, fluffy scrambled eggs, and fresh fruit.
Share Your Stories
We want to see your adventures in Fayetteville, share your adventures by tagging us at #visittheville.
Join Us As A Wifi Access Zone
Women’s Group Ride at Arrowhead Bike Farm
We are excited to announce our Weekly Women’s Group Ride will be moving to Sundays!
Sundays at 3 pm, Erin Larsen and Sarah Coffey will be leading a beginner to intermediate ride for women who are looking to ride with other women, explore the Arrowhead Trails with a group, and have a good time!
Meet at the Bike Farm at 3:00 if you would like to ride the intermediate trails or meet at 3:30 at the Arrowhead Trailhead to focus on those fundamental skills on easier trails. The length of the ride will depend on the group but will range from 6-8 miles.
Come join the awesome community of women riders in the NRG!