Position: Visitor Center Associate
Visit Fayetteville is looking for an outgoing individual to represent Visit Fayetteville to visitors and residents alike. This position requires extensive knowledge of the local area; specifically, the amenities and attractions that Fayetteville has to offer. Work involves providing detailed and accurate directions to area hotels, restaurants, attractions, and businesses with the use of maps and/or the internet.
Hours: Part-time, 12 – 20 hours week
- Promote Fayetteville as a premier tourist destination for overnight lodging.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and efficient manner; refers calls to the appropriate person; takes messages and responds to inquiries
- Greets visitors or clients in a courteous and professional manner; determines purpose of visit and directs visitors
- Provides detailed and accurate directions to area hotels, restaurants, attractions, and businesses with use of maps and/or the Internet; Maintains updated knowledge of Fayetteville and surrounding region; Keeps dining guide listings up to date
- Keeps brochure racks full with current brochures; Responds to online requests for information
- Assist with monthly and weekly reports including, visitor counts
- Updates yearly visitation report monthly
- Receives and distributes incoming mail and delivers outgoing mail to post office;
- Ensures the Front Desk is covered during regular office hours
- Maintains polite, helpful relations with the general public at all times
- Projects a positive image of Visit Fayetteville and displays a positive attitude in all internal and external communications
- Position requires lifting boxes of bulk literature that could weigh up to 50lbs, and standing for periods of time while assisting visitors.
- Must work weekends and some holidays
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Knowledge of the Fayetteville area
- Ability to multitask.
- Costumer service experience
- High school diploma with at least two years’ experience in a professional office environment, strong communication and organizational skills, and some public contact experience preferred.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures and practices; Ability to perform basic clerical tasks and find information using basic research skills, including the Internet
- Ability to answer the telephone efficiently and clearly; Ability to take messages and refer callers
- Basic understanding of Microsoft and google applications
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to collect and record money from retail sales
- Ability to work as a team with co-workers
- Outgoing personality and good verbal communication skills
- Complete understanding of Visit Fayetteville’s Vision and Mission
Interested individuals should submit a resume and cover letter directly to Tabitha@VisitFayettevilleWV.com with “Visitor Center” in the subject line, no later than June 28, 2023.