Weekend Update 12/17
Fireside Friday’s at the Freefolk Brewery
Every Friday during the winter season we will be doing Fireside Friday’s at Freefolk! Come hang out with us outside by the fire pits, while sipping on some yummy beer made right here! We will have s’mores kits available for purchase that you can roast over the fire! (Traditional milk chocolate and mixed candy kits available!) Feel free to bring extra blankets or your favorite chair and dress warm! Our patio is a truly magical place to be on a fall evening and we hope you’ll join us
Ma’am Live Music Chetty’s Pub
We’re excited to welcome MA’AM to Chetty’s Pub! In an evening of listening to these two wonderful ladies you’ll hear folk, rock, country, jazz, and two B.A. vocalists. 7-9pm on Friday, December 17th!*Happy Hour is from 4-6:30pm*
Trivia Night at The Lost Paddle Ace Adventure Resort
Pizza, trivia and good times every Friday, all winter at ACE Adventure Resort’s The Lost Paddle. Enjoy all you can eat pizza for only $10 per person. Plus, don’t miss our full bar with 12+ beers on tap featuring a range of West Virginia micro brews.Trivia kicks off at 7pm and will highlight a different theme each week. Weekly winners will get to choose from the prize table and be entered into the yearly grand prize. Drawn at the end of April the grand prize includes two 2022 waterpark season passes, two Mountain Music Festival tickets, a $500 gift certificate to ACE Adventure Gear and $500 cash! You can’t win if you don’t play so come out, play trivia, eat pizza and win Friday’s this winter.
New River Yoga at New River Yoga Studio
Wreaths Across America
Huse Memorial Park
Mark your calendars!!!! Rain or Shine or Snow!! Saturday December 18, 2021 at noon we will have our Wreaths Across America Ceremony and placement of all 708 wreaths immediately following.Just a few notes to answer questions you may have:
1. The gate to the cemetery will be closed at 11 am and the Town Park entrance will be used to enter the cemetery until after the service.
2. We encourage everyone to wear a mask and practice good social distancing.
3. Parking will be available at the Fayette Town Park, little league and senior league ball field areas.
4. Please be mindful of those that need to park closer to the cemetery entrance.
5. You may drop folks off at the cemetery entrance, and then proceed to designated parking area.
6. Side by sides will be available for those who have difficulty walking to transport them from the parking area to the cemetery entrance and back.
7. Following the opening ceremony, golf carts will be available in the cemetery to help get those folks that need assistance to the area where their Veteran loved one is buried.
8. Following the placement of wreaths warm hot chocolate will be available at the front area of cemetery office.
9. The gate between the little league ball field parking area and the cemetery will be open for folks to walk through.We want to thank our community, businesses, civic groups, churches and residents for making this event a success. This is the third year and again every veteran laid to rest at Huse Memorial Park will be honored with a wreath!Thanks, Cathy Jo
Cathy Jo Bryant | WAA Location Coordinator
646 Browns Road | Fayetteville, West Virginia 25840
Telephone: 304.574.0028 (h) 304.663.9100
Charlie’s Pub Christmas Potluck
We’ll be decking the halls and eating it all on December 18th down at Charlie’s Pub! Start working on your best recipe tp come down and share with the Charlie’s Family. There will also be a bragging rights Deviled Egg contest and a few gift tabs to be handed out for best tree ornament. And DJ Frankenstein will be in the house for karaoke and all request playlist. Y’all come spread some damn cheer with us!ALSO!!
Hot toddy’s including:
Jamo, green tea, lemon and honey
Hot Cocoa Caucasians
Hot apple cider, Spiced rum and cinnamon
$1.00 off all domestics
$1.00 off all shots and liquor drinks
New River Yoga at New River Yoga Studio
Dog Christmas Photoshoot at The Freefolk Brewery
Join us in the taproom Sunday, December 19th from 1-4 for a Doggie Christmas Photoshoot! Santa Claus will even be in the building ready to take pictures with your fur baby! We’ll have dog treats, lots of pets, and a donation station set up to take to the New River Humane Society! (*We’ll post a list of suggested items the shelter needs soon so keep an eye out )
We hope to see y’all for this super fun event!!
Women’s Group Bike Ride at Arrowhead Bike Farm
2pm Arrowhead Bike Farm
We are excited to announce our Weekly Women’s Group Ride will be on Sundays! Sundays at 11 AM, Erin Larsen and Sarah Coffey will be leading a beginner to intermediate ride for women who are looking to ride with other women, explore the Arrowhead Trails with a group, and have a good time!Meet at the Bike Farm at 11 AM. The length of the ride will depend on the group but will range from 6-8 miles.
Come join the awesome community of women riders in the NRG!
Freefolk Irish Jam
Andrew Caldwell hosts the Irish-ish Jam Session on The Freefolk Stage. Join us every third Sunday for an eclectic Irish based jam that is open to anyone of any skill level, beginner to experienced.